This guide will help you schedule a tournament or house league after registration is complete.
Locate the Tournament or League
- In the Admin dashboard go to > Registration Management > Programs
2. Click on the blue button with a Calendar Icon (Schedule Manager)
Step 1: Create Divisions
- Click on Schedule Manager
- At the top left you can click Create New division:
- Enter the name of the Division eg: U10 Boys house league 10:30am
- Enter the age group
- The Gender
- And connect the registration for the event to the division. This will allow us to import players to teams later on.
- Press Save
Now you’ll see the new division. If it is a boys division it will be blue. If it is a girls division it will be pink.
Step 2: Create The Games
Now that you have created the divisions, you can create the games. Athelink will create games based on constraints.
- Find the division you would like to create games for
- Click on Create Games
- Select the Length of time for the games
- You have two options for Creating the games
- Using a Preset tournament style
- Using specific constraints to create the games.
- For best results, Click on Create your Own Option two
- Select the # of teams, # of pools, Number of Games played within the pool.
- Press continue. If successful, you will receive the following message:
Step 3: Schedule The Games
Now that the games are created, we can schedule all of them. There are two ways of scheduling games:
- Drag and drop Scheduler: You can drag and drop games
- Manually Schedule games: A list of games will appear and you can modify the time and location of each game.
To Schedule, use the Schedule drop down on the Schedule Manager page in the row of the Division you are looking to update.
NOTE: DO NOT update teams here. It is easier to schedule the games by choosing A1-A2 etc and then updating the teams in the next step.
- Drag and drop schedule
- To use the drag and drop schedule, drag the generated game on the left to the right side calendar.
a. For example, Game 15693 circled in green above is B2 vs B4 is suppose to be at St Augustine catholic High School at 9am on November 11. To schedule this. Drag the blue game block onto the calendar. The result should look like the image below.
- Edit Schedule form:
- If you click this option, it will appear as below. You can adit the date, the time and the location using the dropdowns below.
- You can see that you can achieve the same result by utilizing the drag and drop scheduler. Game 8 was the game we just scheduled. The Drag and drop will be much faster but some might like using the form based scheduler.
- For a more in depth guide to the Edit Schedule Form page click here.
Step 4: Swapping in Teams
At this point your schedule is set. You will need to swap in/create teams if they are not registered on the system
- To swap the teams you can click on Manage Teams.
- The screen will show all the placeholder teams.
- Click on Create new team and swap in.
- The pop up has 3 options:
- Search Athelink for a team
- Create new team
- Upload team via CSV
- The quickest way to get the teams in would be option B if they do not exist on the system. Simply type in the team name and the coaches email (optional).
Step 5: Drafting House League players (Optional)
If you have House league registration online, you will need to move Players onto teams if you would like to prepare stats for the teams.
Step 6: Publish The Division and League
1. Go to the tracker tools in your Association page and find your league/tournament.
2. The status of the tournament/league site will show up in red or green.
- If its red, it will say Site offline. This means that if anyone tries to the site, it will say that the page is not published yet.
- If its green, it will say Site Live. This means that anyone can access the league/tournament if they have the link.
- To toggle if the site is live or not click on this button.
Now that the Tournament/League page is published, you will need to publish the individual divisions. Divisions are published independently as well to allow organizers to create schedules behind the scenes without having participants view the schedule being input.
To do this goto:
- Schedule Manager
- On the far right of the division row you will see 3 icons
- The red eye in the middle means that no one can access this division
- The Green eye in the middle means that the division is published and everyone can view it.
Step 7: Update Scores
If you go to the Tracker tools section of your association page:
- Click on Scores under the league you want to update scores for
- A list of any games with late scores will appear
Type in the score and press the Green check mark button. This will instantly update the score.
For any additional questions please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by ARC Support